NMUN•NY Position Papers - Due 1 March
Please pay careful attention to the following guidelines when drafting and submitting your position papers. Only those delegations that follow the submission guidelines and meet the submission deadline will be eligible for position paper awards.
Position Paper Specifications
Each committee topic should be addressed in a succinct policy statement representing the relevant views of your assigned country, NGO, or expert role. You should also include recommendations for action to be taken by your committee. All delegations meeting the following criteria will be judged by the same method and equally considered for position paper awards. All papers must be typed and formatted according to the example in the Committee Background Guides. Here are some of the specifications:
- Length must not exceed two single-sided pages
- Margins must be set at 1 inch for the whole paper
- Font must be Times New Roman sized between 10 pt. and 12 pt.
- Country/NGO name, school name, and committee name must be clearly labeled on the first page
- Agenda topics must be clearly labeled in separate sections
- National symbols (headers, flags, etc.) are deemed inappropriate for NMUN position papers
How to Submit Your Position Papers
Position papers need to be submitted by email in .pdf or .doc formats. As proof of submission, include yourself as an email recipient. Please use the committee name, your assignment, Conference A or B, and delegation/school name in both the email subject line and in the filename (example: GA1st_Cuba_Conf A_Mars College).
- Send one complete set of all position papers for each of your country/NGO assignments to the Deputy Secretary-General for the conference you are attending:
Conference A: email@example.com
Conference B: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a copy of your position paper for each assigned committee to the corresponding committee email address listed in the Committee Background Guides.
2013 NMUN•NY Position Papers
The files are large, so we recommend that you download them to your own device for faster access at the conference. The papers are filed by country name. For Conference A only, the Additional Security Councils (ASC-B and ASC-C) are filed under A-Ch. If a country is missing, check the links after Trinidad and Tobago-Zimbabwe for A.
Conference A Position Papers:
Afghanistan - China
Colombia - India
Indonesia - Nigeria
Norway - Togo
Trinidad and Tobago - Zimbabwe
Botswana, Zimbabwe, more ASCs
Conference B Position Papers:
A-B, Canada, C-D, E-H, Germany, Iran, I-K,
L-M, Montenegro, Nigeria, N-Q, R-S,
Saudi Arabia, South Africa, St. Lucia,
Tajikistan, Togo (ASC-B), Tunisia, T-Z,
Plagiarism will not be tolerated at any point by NMUN/NCCA. Not even the best source exempts delegates from coming up with their own ideas and suggestions, and then framing them in their own words. Delegates should be aware that position papers and draft resolutions are read and evaluated by NMUN staff who have worked on and prepared committee and agenda items for months. This provides them with a profound understanding of the topics and enables them to identify and report incidences of plagiarism.